[odb-users] C compiler cannot create executables

Hess, Michael M mmhess at sandia.gov
Tue Jan 28 16:02:13 EST 2014

Greetings! I'm currently evaluating ODB and its use on one of our projects; and I am configuring the ODB Common Library, via ./configure command. But I am running into the following error:

mmhess at coi2:~/downloads/odb/libodb-2.3.0$ ./configure
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... mawk
checking how to create a ustar tar archive... gnutar
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler works... no
configure: error: in `/home/mmhess/downloads/odb/libodb-2.3.0':
See `config.log' for more details

As can be seen in the attached config.log file, configure attempts to compile conftest.c, but fails. What might be the cause?

The environment we use for our ODB evaluation is: Ubuntu-release 12.04; ODB release 2.3.0.

Thanks in advance for any shared information.

Michael M. Hess

Sandia National Laboratories
P.O. Box 5800
Albuquerque, New Mexico 85185-0975