[odb-users] ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' to database

378549984 378549984 at qq.com
Wed Jan 1 08:31:27 EST 2014

Hello,I've installed all those libraries needed, and configured the odb-example-2.3.0 successfully on my Ubuntu12.04. But when I want to run next command"make check",it came out to be an ERROR:

ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' to database 'odb_test'
FAIL: ../tester

When I searched this online,some articles said it's because the MySQL has an empty user "root" for the database,I did update the table "user" int the database "mysql" by commands:

mysql>use mysql;
……
mysql>update user set password=password('newpwd') WHERE User='root';
mysql>flush privileges;

But after all of this,this ERROR just still exists,so I send this mail and hope that someone could give me a reply.
Thank you.