[odb-users] db scheme and data migration scheme

Lidia Kalinovsky lidia at lemur-soft.com
Thu Jan 2 09:42:04 EST 2014

Hello,

Is it possible to have automatic db scheme and data migration to both
directions - from old to new and new to old versions  ?

Scenario why we need it:

We have one server that sends database with newest version. We have clients
with different software ( and therefore db ) versions. Server should be
able to convert newest version to some old one. As well, client would be
able to migrate db to newest one in case new software has been installed.

( to implement this I thought use info from .xml generated by odb compiler
and make reverse changes myself. But if there is another better option, I
would appreciate any advice ).

Thanks in advance.
Lidia.

--
Software integration and outsourcing services,
Lemur-Soft, Giv'at Nili
Email : lidia at lemur-soft.com
Web: www.lemur-soft.com