AW: [odb-users] reuse inheritance with templated base class

Marcel Nehring mne at qosmotec.com
Wed Aug 13 07:44:05 EDT 2014

Hi,

I ran into another problem that looks like it is related to this topic.

One of my template classes has a member of type std::map<unsigned int, std::pair<T, std::string>>. ODB could not persist this automatically, so I put the following inside the class' definition:

typedef std::pair<T, std::string> Item;
#pragma db value(Item)

And changed the member declaration to std::map<unsigned int, Item>

However, this too does not work and gives me a "unable to instantiate composite value class template" error for the typedef line. Any ideas?

Regards,
	Marcel