[odb-users] Erase/Remove Performance comparison to native SQL

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Apr 16 06:41:54 EDT 2014

Hi Christian,

Ok, I have some observations (below) but ideally I would need to
be able to study/run the whole test. Can you send it to me? You
can send it off-list if you don't want to make the code public.

1. The load test: you can see a different set of statements is
   executed for the native test vs ODB. My guess is that because
   of relationships, ODB loads pointed-to objects. You should also
   probably use a session since you have potentially cyclical
   relationships.

   I am also not sure what your native test does in this case.
   Does it actually load the data from returned columns into
   variables?

   Again, I could have answered all these questions by taking a
   look at the actual code.

2. The delete tests: if you look at the results with tracing
   enabled, ODB is actually as fast or faster than the native
   test. While when you run it on 10000 objects, it is dramatically
   slower. So something fishy is going on here. Again, would need
   to be able to run the test myself to figure it out.