[odb-users] bug with Qt 5.2.0-beta

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Nov 25 07:01:07 EST 2013

Hi,

abbas ali chezgi <chezgi at yahoo.com> writes:

> it seems that odb only needs QtCore

Yes, the ODB profile only deals with components from QtCore.

> is there any need to use module based includes?

While the Qt documentation does not recommend it explicitly, it
appears to be more portable. For example, Qt4 packaged as a
framework for OS X (and enabled with the -framework option) can
only be included with the QtCore/ prefix. Plus if you look into
the Qt's source code itself, they use the QtCore/ prefix as well.

> we can refactor Qt includes to simple case:
> QtCore/QString ---> QString

Yes, you can use such "simple" includes in your application, but
in the ODB code we have to use the module prefix.

So, to summarize:

1. You always need to have the top-level Qt directory in your
   compiler's search path.

2. If in your application you include without the module prefix
   (e.g., <QString>), you also need to add the module include
   path.