[odb-users] Question concerning cross compiling ODB

Michael Powell mwpowellhtx at gmail.com
Mon May 20 08:50:29 EDT 2013

Hello,

I'm taking a look at ODB as a possible help to load and save objects
persisted before, during, and after sessions (obviously).

We've got an app that is cross compiled for Linux ARM architecture. If
I understand properly, ODB hooks into the GCC in order to facilitate
the code generation from the #pragmas embedded in the object model.

We've got GCC 4.7.2 cross compilers for ARM, I use a toolchain from
launchpad.net for "headless" (non-IDE) building, and the Sourcery
CodeBench toolchain for IDE-enriched development.

Possible to use ODB for this purpose? What sort of cross compile
support is there out of the box if, say, we download the sources,
configure, make, and build it? How to hook it in with GCC?

May also have some observations about how to abstract transactions
away from common ORM code as a "unit of work" design pattern, perhaps
using C++ templates: i.e. template<class UnitOfWork> type thing, with
common operations being begin, commit, rollback, type thing.

Thank you...

Regards,

Michael Powell