[odb-users] Optimistic Concurrency : ROWVERSION exception

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Sun May 19 20:29:08 EDT 2013

Hi Chew,

In the future please keep your replies CC'ed to the odb-users mailing
list as discussed in the posting guidelines:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/support/posting-guidelines.xhtml

Chew Kok Keng <ckokkeng at dso.org.sg> writes:

> Here's the printed output
>
> version after persist: 2001
> process 1 version after load: 2001
> process 2 version after load: 2001
> process 1 version after update: 2002
> 0 (?????): result set expected from a statement with the OUTPUT clause

I did some testing and it appears we have a bug here. I have implemented
a fix and it would be great if you could try it and confirm that it works
for you as well. Here is what you will need to do:

1. Download statement.cxx from here:

   http://codesynthesis.com/~boris/tmp/odb/statement.cxx

2. Copy it to libodb-mssql-2.2.0/odb/mssql/ (override the old file).

3. Rebuild libodb-mssql.

4. Rebuild the optimistic example.

Once this is done, the example should work.