[odb-users] Installing ODB Compiler

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Mar 7 10:59:51 EST 2013

Hi Nathan,

Nathan White <newhite at rslfibersystems.com> writes:

> I attempted to re-install the compiler using the terminal command. With
> the commands you provided below and I received this error:
> /opt$ sudo dpkg -i odb_2.2.0-1_i386.deb
> dpkg: error processing odb_2.2.0-1_i386.deb (--install):
>  cannot access archive: No such file or directory

Did you actually download the file?

I think you were correct in saying that you are very new to Ubuntu
(and I assume to Linux/UNIX in general). The issues that you are
having are very basic; we don't even cover them in the documentation
since they are expected to be "obvious". My suggestion is that you
find someone in your organization who has more experience with Ubuntu
and who can help you through this.