[odb-users] MSVC Compiler Error C2872 when comipling a project using ODB with a polymorphic heirarchy

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Jun 12 15:44:08 EDT 2013

Hi Jordan,

Jordan J. Neuhart <jneuhart at tlirr.com> writes:

> Just out of curiosity, what did you have to do to fix this bug, just in
> case I run into it again later?

The fix is to explicitly qualify the name. For example 'database' becomes
'odb::database'.

If you run into any more of these problems, please also report them back
to us so that we can fix them in the mainline code. As I mentioned earlier,
it is not easy to detect all such cases automatically. So we fix them as
people report them.