[odb-users] Object creator with boost::posix_time::ptime member : exception from boost

rkadeFR contact at rkade.fr
Thu Jun 6 10:34:45 EDT 2013

I have an existent database, and try to map the DB with my cpp objects for
some queries.

When I compiled, no errors. But when I run some queries on my objects, I
have
the exception "terminate called after throwing an instance of
'boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector
<boost::gregorian::bad_day_of_month> >'".

I have some "0000-00-00 00:00:00" datetime in my DB (I can't change that).

This exception is thrown exactly at the moment when I call a function on the
iterator of my result.
ex: iP->GetId()

The documentation says that the object is created at this step of my
program.
  (cf http://www.codesynthesis.com/products/odb/doc/manual.xhtml#4.4 )

So i put lots of log, and I can only see the private constructor called,
and then...
nothing except my exception.

Can you explain me the way the iterator works ? And the work around I need
to implement in order to avoid the exception ?

Thank you,

My object is something like :

#include <string>

#include <odb/core.hxx>
#include <boost/date_time.hpp>

#pragma db object table("person")
class Person
{
     public:
         Person ( const std::string& name, const
boost::posix_time::ptime& dateTime)
             : name(name), dateTime(dateTime)
         {}

         unsigned long GetId() const
         { return this->id; }
         const boost::posix_time::ptime GetDateTime() const
         { return this->dateTime; }
         const std::string GetName() const
         { return this->name; }

     private:
         Person() {}
         friend class odb::access;

#pragma db column("id") id type("INT(10)") get(GetId)
         unsigned long id;
  #pragma db column("name") type("VARCHAR(25)") get(GetName)
         std::string name;
#pragma db column("dateTime") type("DATETIME") get(GetDateTime)
         boost::posix_time::ptime tsAdded;
}