[odb-users] odb-tests-2.1.1 failed with mariadb-5.1.66

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Jan 30 09:57:57 EST 2013

Hi Hugo,

Hugo.Mildenberger at web.de <Hugo.Mildenberger at web.de> writes:

> ERROR 1071 (42000) at line 57: Specified key was too long; max key
> length is 767 bytes

Hm, the keys in the test are created as VARCHAR(256). It seems like
this is a character set issue. I think your setup of MariaDB uses
UTF-8 by default which requires 3 bytes per character. This post
has more details:

http://www.xaprb.com/blog/2006/04/17/max-key-length-in-mysql/

Can you run the following query and show us the output:

show variables like '%char%';

Here is mine on which all the tests run fine, for reference:

+--------------------------+----------------------------+
| Variable_name            | Value                      |
| character_set_client     | latin1                     |
| character_set_connection | latin1                     |
| character_set_database   | latin1                     |
| character_set_filesystem | binary                     |
| character_set_results    | latin1                     |
| character_set_server     | latin1                     |
| character_set_system     | utf8                       |
| character_sets_dir       | /usr/share/mysql/charsets/ |