[odb-users] Build error on CentOS 6

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Feb 22 03:35:35 EST 2013

Hi Dave,

Dave Johansen <davejohansen at gmail.com> writes:

> It did build just fine with the --disable-threads option, but I have
> two questions:
> 1) Does this disable any features or change any functionality?

No, the ODB compiler does not use threads so building libcutl with
--disable-threads is actually an optimization.

> 2) Why wasn't this necessary with 1.7.0? It seems like a point release
> shouldn't have such big changes in the build behavior.

The internal Boost subset that is part of libcutl uses threads by
default. So the fact that libcutl wasn't linking to -lpthreads
explicitly was actually a bug. Accidently, this fix triggered a
bug in RH ld that we have discussed earlier.