[odb-users] Help, how to generate the hxx files automately by odb

Hugo.Mildenberger at web.de Hugo.Mildenberger at web.de
Thu Feb 21 08:09:43 EST 2013

> > I have a database based on mysql, how can i generate all hxx files
> > by odb not by myself manually?
>
> No, this is not yet supported. We do have plans for an SQL-to-C++
> compiler, thought.

I'd appreciate it very much if this functionality became integrated with ODB (and PostgreSQL). Such a program will foster a server-centric development style which in turn may result in a lean and consistent client - server interface, in enhanced maintainability, but also in a reduced network load if data processing is mainly done inside of stored procedures. Even updatable views spanning several tables are possible with a server-centric approach. But there would be also a great reduction of the effort required for the evaluation of a database design alternative (just run make once more to regenerate the client plugin), and unit-testing covering the whole client-server communication could be easily automated. In short, the integration of such a tool would mean a big relief to all those who have ever been forced to develop or maintain a poorly designed graphical user interface.

Best