[odb-users] HDF5 support?

Daniels, Marcus G mdaniels at lanl.gov
Tue Feb 19 10:28:44 EST 2013

On Feb 19, 2013, at 1:49 AM, Boris Kolpackov wrote:

> In other words, if ODB provides basic support for object serialization
> to HDF5 streams, will this be sufficient to support parallelism?

It's mostly the same.  There's are (otherwise optional) arguments for property lists that are added to say what I/O mechanism to use, and various calls for tuning.
I'm not sure how partial query and update would work.  There's the possibility of using HDF5 in serial or parallel mode to request different slabs of a single multidimensional array.
In the parallel case, different processes (MPI ranks) would work with different slabs.   That would be analogous to accessing or updating just a part of, say, a Postgres array.

Marcus