[odb-users] another test from odb-tests-2.1.1 fails with mariadb-5.5.28a

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Feb 6 10:42:19 EST 2013

Hi Hugo,

Hugo.Mildenberger at web.de <Hugo.Mildenberger at web.de> writes:

> I did not receive any attachment.

Sorry, here it is.

> The native client is a separate project. [...]

I got your second email and realize the patch didn't fix anything.
I am still confused whether you were using MariaDB native client
(which, as I understand, is a re-implementation of the MySQL
client library) or you used the standard MySQL client library, or
maybe both. I am also not clear whether the tests fail with the
native client, standard client, both, or some versions of the
native client (I remember reading that a newer version of
something fixed something). As you can see, I am quite
confused... ;-)

BTW, regarding that second test failure, it looks like a memory
overrun and in such cases valgrind can be really helpful.