[odb-users] No check for gmp.h in ./configure for odb

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Sun Feb 3 08:37:25 EST 2013

Hi Dave,

Dave Johansen <davejohansen at gmail.com> writes:

> I just started working on getting odb 2.1.1 built on CentOS 6 and I noticed
> that the ./configure didn't check for the existence of gmp.h and so it
> failed during the build process instead of the initial configure.

Hm, this is a tricky one. ODB itself doesn't use GMP. It is, however,
required by the GCC plugin headers (for now). So under normal
circumstances, it is safe to assume that if you have the GCC plugin
headers installed then you also have GMP. If you install them from
source, then GCC's configure will check for GMP. If you installed
them as a package, then that package should have a dependency on GMP.
So I am not sure we should check for GMP in ODB's configure.

Did you install the plugin headers from the package? If so and it
didn't prompt you to install GMP also, then I would say it is a missing
dependency in the package and it would be a good idea to report it
upstream.