[odb-users] simple app

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Aug 28 09:51:13 EDT 2013

Hi,

dd <durga.disc at gmail.com> writes:

> It's Ubuntu. predefs.h exists in /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu directory.
> Should I add this include directory to odb-examples?

Does predefs.h exists in the x86_64-linux-gnu/ directory directly or
is it in the bits/ sub-directory?

You can try adding -I/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu option to the
ODB compiler command line, though it should be added automatically
by the /etc/odb/default.options file.

Actually, I think I know what the problem is. You have a 64-bit
installation but you probably installed a 32-bit version of the
Debian package. Here is the quote from the ODB Download page:

"Note also that if downloading a binary package for GNU/Linux, make
 sure that you choose the correct architecture (i686 for 32-bit and
 x86_64 for 64-bit). In particular, the 32-bit package won't work on
 a 64-bit distribution unless you also have header files for 32-bit
 development installed."

So, uninstall odb_2.2.2-1_i386.deb, download and install
odb_2.2.2-1_amd64.deb instead, and I believe everything will work
fine.