[odb-users] Problem to persist/update database

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Aug 22 05:15:14 EDT 2013

Hi Lidia,

Lidia Kalinovsky <lidia at lemur-soft.com> writes:

> 14: unable to open database file
>
> during call to persist/update method.
>
> Development is for Android - for now, we run with simulator, using Eclipse
> on Windows.
> Database file is stored at /data/local/tmp and has all possible permissions
> (777).
> We read successfully everything from database - there is no read problem.

I did some quick searching and it seems the common cause of this
situation are incorrect permissions on the directory where the
database is stored. In particular, SQLite must be able to create
a new file there (the journal). See this for more information:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1485525/unable-to-write-to-a-chmod-777-database-file-on-sqlite3-via-php-5-3-0