[odb-users] need basic information regarding odb-orm

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Aug 15 10:07:30 EDT 2013

Hi,

dd <durga.disc at gmail.com> writes:

>   I am developing an application with sqlcipher sqlite (encrypted
> database). It's working well.
>
>   Now, I would like to do with odb orm. Will odb-orm supports database
> encryption?

Check out this earlier thread on SQLite database encryption. It also
discusses sqlcipher:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/pipermail/odb-users/2013-March/001123.html

In a nutshell, since sqlcipher does whole database encryption, it
is almost transparent to the application and should work without
any problems with ODB. The only thing you will need to do is setup
the keys, etc., which is best done via the connection factory (see
the bottom of the last email in the above thread for details).