[odb-users] Problem compiler example for ODB C++ 2.1.0

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Sep 19 15:45:46 EDT 2012

Hi Antonio,

adisabat <adisabat at libero.it> writes:

> i'm trying to use the ODB C++ but while compiling the examples for
> version 2.1.0 i have got the following error messages from odb
> compiler:
>
> odb --database mysql --generate-schema --generate-query --table-prefix access_ person.hxx
> Using built-in specs.
> COLLECT_GCC=/usr/local/bin/g++
> Target: i686-pc-linux-gnu
>
> [...]
>
> odb: error: unable to parse profile paths

This is bizarre. It looks like GCC for some reason writes its
diagnostics (the stuff that it prints when you specify the -v option)
to STDOUT instead of STDERR. Can you try the following command for me:

g++ -v -x c++ -E -P /dev/null 1>/tmp/stdout.log 2>/tmp/stderr.log

And then let me know whether stderr.log or stdout.log contains the
output?

Also, if it is stderr.log, then can you try to run the above ODB
command directly from the command line instead of by running make?