[odb-users] odb-test-2.1.0 make check deadlocks in thread test.

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Sep 19 02:07:43 EDT 2012

Hi Paul,

Stath, Paul <pstath at axxcelera.com> writes:

> When I run 'make check' using the 2.1.0 version of odb-test, the
> 'common/threads' test hangs until I terminate it with SIGINT.

This test performs a large number of database operations from multiple
threads and using different connection pool configurations. So it takes
some time to complete. For example, on my box with 15K SAS drives it
take a bit over a minute. But if I run with the database on a slow-
ish USB drive, it can take several minutes. Can you wait maybe 5
minutes and see if it completes successfully?

> The SQLite library is compiled with SQLITE_ENABLE_UNLOCK_NOTIFY defined.
>
> ~/src/sqlite$ nm /usr/local/lib/libsqlite3.so | grep unlock_notify
> 000472c0 T sqlite3_unlock_notify
>
> It is probably something I'm doing wrong. Let me know if you need
> more information.

I don't see anything wrong with your setup. If waiting for the test
to finish does not help, can you let me know which version of SQLite
you are using so that I can try to reproduce this problem?