[odb-users] Which version of SQLite is required?

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Sep 17 13:39:49 EDT 2012

Hi Chris,

Chris Richards <chris.richards at yellowfeather.co.uk> writes:

> I'm just trying to configure and make the libodb-sqlite files on CentOS
> 5 and am getting an error stating that sqlite3_open_v2 and
> sqlite3_prepare_v2 are not declared. The version of SQLite on my system
> is 3.3.6 and on the ODB website
> <http://www.codesynthesis.com/products/odb/features.xhtml> it states
> that ODB supports SQLite 3.0.7 and later. It looks as though the
> sqlite3_open_v2 and sqlite3_prepare_v2 were introduced in SQLite v3.5.0
> http://www.sqlite.org/34to35.html.

Yes, ODB uses both sqlite3_open_v2 and sqlite3_prepare_v2. And you
are right, that means ODB only supports v3.5.3 or later. I will update
the documentation.

If you are going to build SQLite from source and you plan to access
the database from multiple threads, then make sure that you enable
the unlock notification functionality in SQLite:

./configure CFLAGS="-O3 -DSQLITE_ENABLE_UNLOCK_NOTIFY=1"