[odb-users] compiling odb on opensuse 12.1 x64 problem

Scott Zhang macromarship at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 02:17:06 EDT 2012

hello. All.
     I have been looking for an orm software for c++. Get tried
Stactiverecord, which is easy to use but it is weak in query and missing
some features(like oracle support, order by) I need.
     After search around on google, I found odb is the only full featured
library support many db which my project targeting.
     I have downloaded the source and want to build it on my opensuse 12.1
x64 with gcc 4.6.1. The first problem is configure script complains "g++
support plugins=no". I don't know why odb need this feature. But by pass
--enable-static configure script passed.
    Then I type "make". But it stop first on missing "coretypes.h", I
downloaded then it stop on missing "bversion.h".
    I don't understand why build odb is so hard. I seldom get problem when
build package like this.
    Is there any reason a "bersion.h" or "coretypes.h" is a must? or just
because my opensue remove that files?

Regards.
Scott