[odb-users] mingw - configure error libodb is not found

Young, Jason jason.young at wyle.com
Wed Sep 5 15:22:59 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am attempting to compile the libodb-mysql-2.0.1 on Windows 7 using msys to compile this library for mingw.  I was able to successfully compile libodb, and it installed the following into the /usr/local/lib directory:

libodb.a

libodb.dll.a

libodb.la

I was then able to download the MySQL client libraries, and renamed the libmysql.lib to libmysqlclient_r.a.  When running configure for libodb-mysql-2.0.1, the linker is able to find libmysqlclient_r with no problem.  However...I keep running into the following error:

checking for libmysqlclient_r... yes

checking for libodb... no

configure: error: libodb is not found; consider using --with-libodb=DIR

I am using the following command to attempt to run configure:

./configure CPPFLAGS=-I/c/tools/mysql/include LDFLAGS=-L/c/tools/mysql/lib

I additionally attempted to use the --with-libodb=/usr/local/lib or --with-libodb=/c/msys/1.0/local (since my msys local directory is installed in C:\msys\1.0\local).

I cannot seem to get the ./configure to find the libodb.  I'm fairly new to msys and mingw.  Is there a step that I am missing that would enable me to link to the libodb in order to build the libodb-mysql-2.0.1?

Thank you,

Jason Young

jason.young at wyle.com<mailto:jason.young at wyle.com>

Wyle CAS

256-922-6617 (Wyle Office)

256-313-9055 (Redstone Arsenal Building 5400 Office)