[odb-users] Re: Bulk insert support

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Sep 4 06:04:39 EDT 2012

Hi Candy,

In the future please keep your replies CC'ed to the odb-users mailing list.
It is also a good idea to start a new thread with a more descriptive subject
when asking an unrelated question. All of this and more is discussed in the
posting guidelines:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/support/posting-guidelines.xhtml

Candy Chiu <candy.chiu.ad at gmail.com> writes:

> Another question - Does the obdc connector support bulk insert?  I took a
> brief look at the source code, and didn't find the bulk insert anywhere.

No, ODB doesn't support bulk inserts yet. Also note that ODB uses prepared
statements and caches a lot of things (connections, statements, even memory
buffers), so I am actually not convinced that one would get a significant
performance gain from bulk inserts. I guess before we decide to work on
this support, we will need to run some real tests that show it's worth
the extra effort and complexity as well as memory overhead on the client
side.