[odb-users] ODB and InfiniDB

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Oct 8 08:13:45 EDT 2012

Hi Davide,

Davide Anastasia <Davide.Anastasia at qualitycapital.com> writes:

> I am trying to get ODB working with InfiniDB: as anybody have experience
> with this database?

No, we haven't tested ODB with this database.

> However, I am currently experiencing unstable connection to this
> database, so I wonder whether there is any particular reason why ODB
> should not work properly with this engine.

I cann't think of any. ODB works fine with stock MySQL so it must be
something on InfiniDB side.

One thing that you may want to look into is connection timeouts and
pings. MySQL has a configurable connection inactivity timeout after
which it drop the connection. It also allows the client to ping the
connection to make sure it is still alive. ODB does that by default
to make sure it gives out a valid connection.