[odb-users] Problems linking libodb-mysql with vs2012

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Nov 5 05:29:21 EST 2012

Hi Isaac,

Isaac Lascasas <isaaclascasas at gmail.com> writes:

> I am trying to build libodb-mysql-vc11 but I have a lot of unresolved
> externals from mysql. I have installed the windows mysql package from
> www.mysql.com. Visual studio points to the provided mysql libs under
> /Connector C 6.0.2/lib/debug.

I just tried this and it works perfectly for me. Here is what I did:

1. Download mysql-connector-c-noinstall-6.0.2-win32.zip from mysql.com.

2. Unpack it and point VC++ Include directory to the 'include' sub-
   directory inside and VC++ Library directory to the 'lib' sub-
   directory. Note that I don't have 'debug' under 'lib' like you
   do.

3. Build Win32/Debug libodb-mysql.

Some things that might cause this:

1. Library architecture mismatch (i.e., you have 64-bit MySQL
   libraries but building 32-bit libodb-mysql).

2. Older version of MySQL headers and/or libraries are somewhere
   on your computer that are used instead. The easy way to check
   this is to rename the 'include' and 'lib' directories (one at
   a time) and make sure that you get compilation and linker
   errors saying that the respective files are not found.