[odb-users] not_in_transaction exception with sqlite

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon May 21 15:58:45 EDT 2012

Hi Łukasz,

In the future please keep your replies CC'ed to the odb-users mailing
list so that others who might run into similar problems could benefit.
See the posting guidelines for details:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/support/posting-guidelines.xhtml

Łukasz Jaroszewski <jaroszewski.luk at gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks for answer. It point me direction and I found problem.
> Well, I have linked with odb.lib;odb-sqlite-d.lib.
> Changing to odb-d.lib;odb-sqlite-d.lib solves the problem.
> It's my fault, but I don't know If there is also in odb.

Yes, this makes sense. If your application links to odb.lib and
odb-sqlite-d.lib (i.e., one release while the other debug), the
process will have two libodb DLLs loaded (odb.dll and odb-d.dll)
since odb-sqlite-d.dll links to odb-d.dll. This in turn means
that you will end up with two TLS slots for the transaction's
"current" value. Naturally, this doesn't end well ;-).