[odb-users] Problem connecting a mysql server

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed May 16 13:23:46 EDT 2012

Hi Peter,

niermann at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de <niermann at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

> I did the modification you suggested and got an 'object not persistent'
> exception.

This is very strange. My guess is that there is some incompatibility
with the MySQL client library you have installed (libmysqlclient)
and your distribution. From your kernel version I gather you are
using RedHat EL 5 (or CentOS 5). You also mentioned that you use
mysql-connector-c-6.0.2-linux-glibc2.3-x86-64bit as the client
library. A better option would be to use libmysqlclient that comes
with your distribution. Try something like this:

yum install mysqlclient16
yum install mysqlclient16-devel

If that doesn't work for some reason, then the next best option is
to try an RPM from the MySQL download site:

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/5.1.html

Make sure you select RedHat Linux 4 & 5 from the Platform list and
then download and install:

MySQL-devel-community-5.1.63-1.rhel5.i386.rpm
MySQL-shared-community-5.1.63-1.rhel5.i386.rpm