[odb-users] libodb-mysql.so Undefined Reference to 'THR_KEY_msys'

Alex Hurd hurdad at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 18:32:04 EDT 2012

All,

libodb-2.0.0 + libodb-mysql-2.0.0 + Fedora 16 + mysqlclient.so.18

Compiling and installing libodb and libodb-mysql works fine.

However, when linking I get the following error:

$ ld -lodb-mysql
ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol _start; not setting start address
/usr/local/lib/libodb-mysql.so: undefined reference to `THR_KEY_mysys'

This variable is used in 'connection-factory.hxx' but I don't understand
how it would compile and get the error during runtime.

I have compiled the same libs on ubuntu + mysqlclient.so.16 without the
above issue.

Please advise

-alex h