[odb-users] SQLite and std::wstring

Philippe Cadieux-Pelletier philly.dilly at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 22:04:58 EDT 2012

It seems like a pretty severe shortcoming of the SQLite database binding
not to support std::wstring. Are there any plans to add support? I can
think of two ways to add support off the top of my head:

   1. Have some kind of setting, either at compile time or runtime, that
   will bind SQLite's TEXT type to std::wstring and configure the SQLite
   database to use utf16 for TEXT. This would mean that you would have to pick
   either utf8 or utf16, but at least you'd have the option of supporting
   std::wstring.
   2. C++ 11 adds std::codecvt_utf8_utf16 to convert between utf8 and
   utf16. It would then be possible to convert at runtime therefore being able
   to support both std::string and std::wstring

Thanks!