[odb-users] Self Building ODB on Windows

Keenan Carter klc2572 at students.kennesaw.edu
Tue Jul 31 09:23:03 EDT 2012

Hello,

Thank you for making great software. It inspires me.

I am a student at Kennesaw State University. I am working on a project and
using odb source code as the study for my project.

I understand that it is very hard to build on windows, but I "absolutely
must" build it on windows myself for my project.

Could you please tell me or sent me all the steps I need to do the "custom
build" on windows using the your MingW custom tool chain, ect...

I saw this comment on the odb mailing list.

"""  You cannot build the ODB compiler using VC++. For Windows it is built
using GCC from the MinGW toolchain. Also note that for now it is statically
linked into the GCC C++ compiler because at the
moment dynamic GCC plugins are not supported on Windows. This also requires
a patch for GCC.  """

Please, I need to build it myself and your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks