[odb-users] Open sqlite database file with unicode path in Windows

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Jul 25 06:38:33 EDT 2012

Hi Alexander,

Alexander A. Prokhorov <prokher at gmail.com> writes:

> I have some troubles opening sqlite database file which has unicode
> symbols in its path. As always, the problem appears only in Windows:
> std::exception 14: unable to open database file.

SQLite expects the database path to be in the UTF-8 encoding (see the
sqlite3_open() documentation for details).

I guess you have the path as std::wstring or wchar_t*. I suppose this
will be a fairly common stumbling block so maybe we should just add
the std::wstring/wchar_t* constructor versions to odb::sqlite::database
for Windows. Let me know if this will work for you and I will go ahead
and add them.