[odb-users] Compile Error using Hello Example

Sukhbir Singh linux_sle at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 19 02:51:05 EDT 2012

Hi.

I am a new user of Odb and am learning how to use it by following the example in the manual.  The source code for "hello" does not compile in Netbeans.  There is an error that "DB" is out of scope.  This error also results if the example in "hello" folder is compiled following the instructions in the manual.  Running "c++ -c person-odb.cxx" compiles with no error.  However, running "c++ -c driver.cxx" results in an error with the message 'db' is out of scope.

Running the make command using the Makefile by ODB results in successful compiling and the example runs file.  I would like to understand what flag or setting in ODB's makefile results in successful building of the hello example.  Netbeans settings can be adjusted to result in a successful build.

Apologies if this has been asked before and I can't find a solution to this error.

Thanks and Kind Regards.

Sudhir