[odb-users] Re: Generate DDL and DML methods in separate output files.

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Feb 28 06:48:23 EST 2012

Hi Paul,

Stath, Paul <pstath at axxcelera.com> writes:

> I still would like to use the create_schema() methods to create the
> database, as well as populate initial default datasets and lookup
> tables programmatically.
>
> I would be very interested in seeing this feature implemented.

Ok, I will let you know as soon as I have it ready.

> It would make using ODB in an embedded environment more palatable.

BTW, if you have any other suggestions/complaints about using ODB in
embedded environments, we are all ears.

One feature in this area that we are planning to implement for the next
release is to make the generation of the session support code optional.
Right now it pulls in quite a bit of template code regardless of whether
sessions are actually used by the application or not.