[odb-users] Concatenation of columns

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Dec 11 09:45:25 EST 2012

Hi Reza,

Reza Jahanbakhshi <reza.jahanbakhshi at gmail.com> writes:

> Concatenation syntax varies from one DBMS to another. Is there any facility
> in ODB query language to do this in a cross DBMS manner?

No, there is no such support. I am also not sure it is a good idea
to do things like this on the database side. Generally, you would
want to do as much processing as possible on the client to conserve
database server resources.

So unless I am missing something in your use-case, it is probably a
better idea to return the columns as separate values and concatenate
them in C++.