[odb-users] Support more then one database vendor in a single application?

Oded Arbel oded at geek.co.il
Thu Aug 30 12:19:22 EDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 4:25 PM, Boris Kolpackov
<boris at codesynthesis.com> wrote:
> Oded Arbel <oded at geek.co.il> writes:
>> I don't want to have the application compile against ODB headers
>> because that causes VC++ to freak out. It should work fine - unless I
>> use ODB datatypes like odb::nullable, which I need to represent my
>> model correctly, and at which point application code start seeing
>> libodb headers and I get export warnings.
>
> That is very strange since libodb itself is built as a DLL and
> includes all the necessary export/import machinery.

Well... what I was trying to do, is to build a single DLL that bundles
both libodb, libodb-<vendor> and my model, so I can have only 1 DLL
that needs to be run-time loaded.
It may be that I defined the LIBODB*STATIC* pre-processor definitions
incorrectly in my setup. :-/

> Can you show the errors/warnings you are getting? Better yet,
> can you create a test solution that reproduces this problem?

Currently I reverted to getting everything compiled statically into
the application (with support only for MS-SQL in this build). When I
get my business logic working properly, I'll re-visit this issue and
let you know what's up with this.

--
Oded