[odb-users] How to use wstring instead of string?

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Aug 28 08:38:44 EDT 2012

Hi,

Justlive <duhai_lee at qq.com> writes:

> in my .h file, I define a class member of type is std::wstring.
> then generate code, it show errors:
> error: unable to map C++ type '::std::wstring' used in data member 'Report_Id' to a database type

Which database are you using?

Note that it is often impossible to say why things don't work without
at least some information about your setup. At the minimum you should
include the target database, ODB compiler version, operating system
name and version, and C++ compiler name and version that you are using.
For more on this, see the "Posting Guidelines" page:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/support/posting-guidelines.xhtml