[odb-users] Building ODB with MinGW (GCC port for Windows)

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Apr 11 08:30:04 EDT 2012

Hi Alexander,

Alexander Konin <aakmail at mail.ru> writes:

> I need to build ODB with MinGW (on Windows). Do you provide supporting
> for this (make files, for instance)?

Yes, we test each release of ODB on MinGW.

You will need to get the pre-built ODB compiler binary for Windows
and then you can build the runtimes/examples/tests using the standard
autotools build system (i.e., ./configure && make; see INSTALL files
in the corresponding packages for details).

If you don't have the MSYS shell, then you can use one that comes with
the ODB compiler (odb-X.Y.Z-i686-windows/mingw/msys.bat). This is how
we build and test ODB on MinGW ourselves.