[odb-users] Compilation time issue: undefined reference to `odb::access::object_traits

Charles Jabbour Gédéon charles.jabbourgedeon at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 16:01:58 EDT 2011

Hello,

First of all, sorry for my english, i am a french student who try to make
your very interesting persistent framework work ! It is for my final
internship !

So, i got an error when i try to compile my project:

 undefined reference to
`odb::access::object_traits<MyCoque>::persist(odb::database&

I can't manage to work around this problem so i ask for some help if you
have any time.
I have attached a copy of the class that i try to make persistant. I lcreate
the odb specific file by running this command:

odb -d mysql --generate-query --generate-schema coque.hxx

and i have copied the minimal code for main():

{
        MyCoque coque("random");

        auto_ptr<database> db (create_database (argc, argv));
        transaction t (db->begin ());
        db->persist (coque);
        t.commit();
}

Any hint will be very valuable for me, i am quite stuck, and i am sure it is
due to my inexperience.

Thx in advance,
Best regards,

Charles JABBOUR GEDEON.