[odb-users] Opening an already existing database (SQLite) and appending

Szumowski, Thomas thomas.szumowski at lmco.com
Wed Jun 29 08:21:48 EDT 2011

Quick question.

When using sqlite, what is the correct command to open an already existing database and append to it, rather than overwrite it?
I tried create_database as in the hello example. But if I recompile to persist a different person, it seems to overwrite.

I also tried the database constructor that takes in a name and flags - something to the effect "database(string name, int flags)", setting the flags to SQLITE_OPEN_READWRITE | SQLITE_OPEN_CREATE, with no luck.

I'm sure I'm making a very fundamental mistake. Any recommendations?