[odb-users] ODB with eclipse

Bright Dadson losintikfos at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 11 17:51:30 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have tried this but still ends up with the error:
I have updated my odb to 1.4 yet no joy. I am still researching on the causes - I will inform if it works.

Currently this is the error:
make ../education-odb.hxx
Building file: ../src/education.h
Compiling education.h using odb
/usr/local/odb-1.4.0/bin/odb -d mysql --default-pointer std::tr1::shared_ptr --generate-query ../education.h
../education.h: error: unable to open in read mode
make: *** [../education-odb.hxx] Error 1

Bright Dadson  writes:

> I am trying to generate my persistence class using eclipse. I have done
> this with netbeans and it works like a charm. When i try it using eclipse
> by right clicking the person.h file and select properties -> C++ Build ->
> Settings and then add the command and the outputs,
>
> I end up with this error when i try clean or build to generate the classes.
>
> education.h: error: unable to open in read mode
> make: *** [src/education-odb.hxx] Error 1

I have adapted the XSD Eclipse instructions for ODB. I haven't tried
them myself thought. Can you give this a try and confirm whether it
works for you?

http://wiki.codesynthesis.com/Using_ODB_with_Eclipse_CDT