[odb-users] odb compiler

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Jan 26 08:31:55 EST 2011

Hi Eugene,

Eugene N <neverov.biks.07.1 at gmail.com> writes:

> Firstly, I want to add ODB to my program, but it uses a number of libraries,
> and is compiled with g++ with l options. I was wondering, whether odb
> compiler will complain about unresolved externals.

I am not sure what you mean here. Are you trying to build the ODB compiler
itself instead of using a pre-compiled binary? Can you explain in a bit
more detail what you are trying to achieve?

> Secondly, if i have a class, objects of which i intend on storing in a
> relational DB, but this class has object members from some other library,
> where should i put pragmas - in my class, or in library classes?

By "object members" do you mean data members? If that's the case, then
the way to handle this situation depends on whether these types are
simple or composite value types. Can you maybe show us a concrete
example from your application?