[odb-users] Netbeans build error

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Feb 17 09:19:28 EST 2011

Hi,

Bright Dadson <losintikfos at yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> The project I attached in my initial post is pretty much all I have.
> I have gone  through it thoroughly - and cannot see any duplicate
> inclusions. I can happily compile the the file individually and link
> them using: c++ -o driver driver.o  person-odb.o -lodb-mysql -lodb
> on command line.
>
> The issue occurs when I try to use the netbeans build facility.
> Which outputs exception with few of them similar to this:
>
> build/Debug/GNU-Linux-x86/Member-odb.o: In function
> `odb::access::object_traits<test::Member>::find(odb::database&, unsigned long
> const&, test::Member&)':
> Member-odb.cxx:(.text+0xe33): undefined reference to
> `odb::mysql::transaction::current()'

This error is different from what you showed in your previous email.
Before you had duplicate symbols, now you have unresolved symbols.
So something must have changed.

The odb::mysql::transaction::current() function is defined in the
libodb-mysql library so try to make sure your Netbeans project links
to it.

> The question is, can I have have netbeans do the build for me or I have to
> manually compile the files and link them via console!?

Yes, I have tested a build with Netbeans and everything works fine.
Here are the instructions:

http://wiki.codesynthesis.com/Using_ODB_with_Netbeans