[odb-users] Compile libodb-mysql-1.0.0 runtime library

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Nov 22 09:30:51 EST 2010

Hi Myoungkyu,

Myoungkyu Song <mksong at vt.edu> writes:

> In order to compile libodb-mysql-1.0.0 runtime library with Cygwin,
>
> As a prerequisite library, I downloaded the MySQL connector source
>
> from http://www.mysql.com/downloads/connector/c/.

You don't need MySQL C Connector for ODB. All you need is a the MySQL
client library. Check the Cygwin repository, it should have it already
built.

If, however, you are still having trouble building some components
of MySQL on Cygwin, please ask for help on either MySQL or Cygwin
forums/mailing lists since folks there will probably have more
knowledge about such issues.