[odb-users] Compiling Database Support Code

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Dec 16 09:08:18 EST 2010

Hi Myoungkyu,

In the future please send technical questions like these to the
odb-users mailing list (which I've CC'ed) instead of to me directly.
This way other developers who may have experienced a similar problem
can provide you with a solution. Plus questions and answers will be
archived and available to others with similar problems. Also see the
posting guidelines for more information:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/support/posting-guidelines.xhtml

Myoungkyu Song <mksong at vt.edu> writes:

> After completing the ODB-compile, I got some errors while compiling
> all source codes, which it seems to me that the odb-mysql API does not
> support the type. In other words, it does not look like the added
> defined type is compatible with the existing code.
>
> typedef x10aux::ref<x10::lang::String> StringRef; // (2) ODB
> #pragma db value(StringRef) type("TEXT NOT NULL")
>
> In summary, "/usr/local/include/odb/mysql/traits.hxx" does not have
> the matched function; "set_image" and "set _value", etc.

The ODB runtime cannot possibly know how to serialize the
x10aux::ref<x10::lang::String> type. You will need to provide a value_traits
specialization for this, as I explained in my previous email. Please
study the 'mapping' example and the documentation to see how to do
this.