[xsstl-users] Failed to use http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.xsd with the xds tool

David Eriksson david at 2good.nu
Sun Jul 2 10:55:53 EDT 2006

Hi,

I recently downloaded xds 2.1.1 and started experimenting a bit.

Out of curiosity I tried to generate C++ code for
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.xsd but it didn't go very well.

First it complained a lot about the DTD defintions, so I removed the
DOCTYPE entry and continued.

It also complained about "'http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd' is not a
valid filesystem path" so I downloaded that file and provided the file
system path instead.

After that, I get each of the following error messages at least once. I
have removed dups for brevity:

error: SimpleType (http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:allNNI) for attribute: maxOccurs not found
error: SimpleType (http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:blockSet) for attribute: blockDefault not found
error: SimpleType (http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:blockSet) for attribute: block not found
error: SimpleType (http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:derivationSet) for attribute: block not found
error: SimpleType (http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:derivationSet) for attribute: final not found
error: SimpleType (http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:formChoice) for attribute: attributeFormDefault not found
error: SimpleType (http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:formChoice) for attribute: elementFormDefault not found
error: SimpleType (http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:formChoice) for attribute: form not found
error: SimpleType (http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:fullDerivationSet) for attribute: finalDefault not found
error: SimpleType (http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:namespaceList) for attribute: namespace not found
error: SimpleType (http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:public) for attribute: public not found
error: SimpleType (http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:simpleDerivationSet) for attribute: final not found
error: The base type xs:anySimpleType does not allow itself to be used as the base for a restriction and/or as a type in a list and/or union
error: Type of attribute 'abstract' must be validly derived from type of attribute in base
error: Type of attribute 'block' must be validly derived from type of attribute in base
error: Type of attribute 'final' must be validly derived from type of attribute in base
error: Type of attribute 'fixed' must be validly derived from type of attribute in base
error: Type of attribute 'form' must be validly derived from type of attribute in base
error: Type of attribute 'maxOccurs' must be validly derived from type of attribute in base
error: Type of attribute 'minOccurs' must be validly derived from type of attribute in base
error: Type of attribute 'name' must be validly derived from type of attribute in base
error: Type of attribute 'ref' must be validly derived from type of attribute in base
error: Type of attribute 'substitutionGroup' must be validly derived from type of attribute in base
error: Type of attribute 'use' must be validly derived from type of attribute in base

It looks like all of the errors are issues with the XML Schema itself,
am I right?

\David