[xsde-users] v_state_, v_state_stack_, etc.

Eric Broadbent Eric.Broadbent at csr.com
Mon Nov 21 23:18:23 EST 2011

I am looking through the generated files in the example library parser, under examples/cxx/parser/generated

library-pimpl.cxx
library-pimpl.hxx
library-pskel.cxx
library-pskel.hxx
library-pskel.ixx

In the pskel files, I see a number of constructs and references to "v_state" and variations of that name:

	struct v_state_descr_
	struct v_state_

	::xsde::cxx::stack v_state_stack_;

These are not mentioned in the documentation - I wasn't able to find the string "v_state" in

	Embedded C++/Hybrid Mapping Getting Started Guide
	Embedded C++/Parser Mapping Getting Started Guide
	Embedded C++/Serializer Mapping Getting Started Guide

Presumably it's because this is stuff that we don't need to monkey with at all - and guessing from the name it may have to do with validation.  Is there a reason to be aware of these v_state entities?

Thanks,

-Eric B.

More information can be found at www.csr.com. Follow CSR on Twitter at http://twitter.com/CSR_PLC and read our blog at www.csr.com/blog