[xsde-users] VxWorks Link errors --- strange things ...

O'Laughlin, Terry Terry.O'Laughlin at ipc.com
Thu Dec 9 20:27:46 EST 2010

Hi

Any advice would be great...
VxWorks 5.5.1, gnu 2.97? (old compiler/linker), XSDe 3.2 beta

I'm having undefined reference link errors building/linking to generate the filesystem for VxWorks.

Here's how the week has played out so far... Same code, no changes...

Built fine this past Monday, no link errors.

Wednesday ... I had undefined reference errors on ALL, or most all  of my serializer generated code.  But not my parser generated code.
Like 40-60 errors.

Tonight regenerated my code from my schema, regenerated my object files ...

This build now shows 4 link errors:

ldppc -N -X -e _sysInit -Ttext 00010000  \
   -o WAN vxworks/dataSegPad.o WAN.tmp ckversion.o ctdt.o -T /usr/mx/3rdparty/vw5.5/powerpc_qos/target/h/tool/gnu/ldscripts/link.RAM
WAN.tmp: In function `RTCREvents_saggr::RTCREvents_saggr(void)':
WAN.tmp(.text+0x379fb2): undefined reference to `xsde::cxx::serializer::validating::time_simpl::time_simpl(void)'
WAN.tmp(.text+0x379fb6): undefined reference to `xsde::cxx::serializer::validating::time_simpl::time_simpl(void)'
WAN.tmp(.text+0x37a25a): undefined reference to `xsde::cxx::serializer::validating::time_simpl::~time_simpl(void)'
WAN.tmp(.text+0x37a25e): undefined reference to `xsde::cxx::serializer::validating::time_simpl::~time_simpl(void)'
make: *** [WAN] Error 1
[bash-group_17.1_CyberTech_int]olaughlt at merlin:/usr/vobs/processor/WANX/pq>

My xsde compiler build line:

C:\xsde-3.2b\bin\xsde cxx-hybrid  --generate-clone --generate-detach --show-sloc --generate-parser --generate-aggregate --generate-serializer --no-long-long
 --no-stl --no-exceptions --no-iostream    messages.xsd

Any suggestions?

Has anyone seen this type of behavior?

Cheers,

Terry O'

I'm thinking that my compiler flags or linker flags may need to be be updated... weird, no problems with my parser generated code.  But it looks as though most or all of my serializer generated code is having this problem.

VxWorks 5.5.1
Gnu 2.97

Terry O'Laughlin
Sr. Software Engineer
IPC
TS Engineering Alliance Sustaining Dept.
777 Commerce Drive
Fairfield, CT 06825
phone: 203-339-7987
fax: 203-339-7809
www.ipc.com<http://www.ipc.com/>
Terry.O'Laughlin at ipc.com<mailto:first.last at ipc.com>

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action on the basis of information in this e-mail.E-mail messages may contain computer viruses or other defects, may not be accurately replicated on other systems, or may be intercepted, deleted or interfered with without the knowledge of the sender or the intended recipient. If you are not comfortable with the risks associated with e-mail messages, you may decide not to use e-mail to communicate with IPC. IPC reserves the right, to the extent and under circumstances permitted by applicable law, to retain, monitor and intercept e-mail messages to and from its systems.

[cid:green-logo6d73.jpg]Please consider the environment before printing this email.